How to Connect the QS1231-840 Motion Detector to Your Panel
To connect the Qolsys QS1231-840 Motion Detector to your panel, find your panel below for step-by-step instructions.
1. Press 080, then press #
2. Enter a partition number between 1 and 6, then press #
3. Enter the Sensor Group number, 17 being standard, then press #
4. Open the motion sensor to tamper the cover (steps shown here); the display will move to the next sensor
5. Press * to exit to "SENSOR GROUP", then press # again to exit sensor programming
Interlogix Simon XT / XTi / XTi-5
1. Enter programming by selecting the gear icon at the bottom right of the panel, press the down arrow, then press ENTER next to Programming.
2. Enter the installer code (4321), then press OK. Select SENSORS under the System Programming options.
3. Press LEARN SENSOR, then open the motion sensor to tamper the cover (steps shown here). The panel will beep when it detects the new motion sensor.
4. Press EDIT by Sensor Group, and enter 17 being for the motion detector. Then press SAVE to exit.
5. Press EDIT by Sensor Name, then press EDIT to name. Use up & down arrows to select a name, then press SAVE.
6. Press CLOSE to exit.
Qolsys IQ Panel 2
1. Press the clock display at the top for the Settings Tray, select SETTINGS, then ADVANCED SETTINGS
2. Enter the installer code (1111) or the dealer code (2222)
3. Press SECURITY SENSORS, then Auto Learn Sensors
4. Open the motion detector cover to tamper the sensor cover (steps shown here). The panel will beep and display the sensor settings.
5. If partitioning is enabled press Partition Name, then select the partition from the list.
6. Press Sensor Type, then select the sensor type from the list.
7. Press Sensor Group, then select the sensor from the list.
8. Press Sensor Name, then select the name from the list.
9. Press Chime Type, then select the chime from the list.
10. Press Voice Prompts, then select On or Off, followed by pressing the Add New button. This will save your sensor & exit the menu.
How to Tamper the Motion Sensor Cover
Press the button on the bottom of the motion detector and remove the front cover. This will tamper the sensor, which sends a tamper signal to your panel and causes the panel to learn the motion detector.