Online Family Security Guide
In the world today, online activity provides a basis for the family. Today families stay connected with each other, as well as the outside world, through computers. With smartphones, laptops, tablets, desktop computers and other devices, families spend more time with this new technology then ever before. However, with connectivity comes potential dangers.
Today people that connect with others via the Internet need to be concerned with a number of potential dangers. Online fraud, identity theft, cyberbullying and other dangers are apparent. The important thing for computer users is that they be aware of the dangers and protect yourself. There are a number of ways to protect yourself online.
The following information was put together to help online users be safe and secure. Please feel free to review this information and share with family and friends who are also looking to remain safe. Online fraud is one of the fastest growing criminal areas, and continues to grow at an alarming pace. The way to stop this trend is to be alert and to protect yourself.
- Consumer Reports Guide to Internet Security
- Cyber Security Tips
- Online Computer Security
- Internet Fraud Information from the FBI
- Information About Internet Fraud
- The Computer and Internet Fraud
- FTC Identity Theft Information
- Identity Theft and Identity Fraud
- Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft
- Protect Kids on the Internet
- Children's Internet Protection Act
- Basic Internet Safety
- Kids and Cyberbullying
- What is Cyberbullying?
- Policies and Laws on Cyberbullying
- Staying Safe on Social Network Sites
- How to Spot an E-Mail Phishing Scam
- How to Recognize Phishing Email Messages, Links, or Phone Calls.
- How to Avoid Phishing Scams
- Keeping Your Child Safe Online
- Keeping Children Safe and Secure on Mobile Phones and the Internet
- Parenting Information - Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Central Intelligence Agency Information on Internet Safety
- Online Safety for the Family
- Safety on the Internet
- Sexual Predators in Cyber Space
- How to Identify and Protect Yourself from an Unsafe Website
- Protect Yourself on the Internet
We hope this information has been useful and you can use it to remain safe online!
Our Commitment to Your Security
Everyone deserves to have peace of mind in their own home. We ensure your protection by providing home security that you can be confident in. It’s security that’s simple, affordable, personalized and – most importantly – reliable.
Our security systems are a perfect marriage of these principles, but our commitment doesn’t end there. You can depend on 24/7 professional alarm monitoring that’s there whenever you need it. We’re also proud to deliver award-winning customer care, available via phone, text or chat.