How to Resolve Broadband Communication Failure for the IQ Panel 2
There are a number of reasons why the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 may experience broadband communication failure.
Most communication failures can be resolved by a quick power cycle to your device. To do this, you will want to completely power down the system, then disconnect the device from the power outlet and remove the battery for at least 2 minutes.
- From the drop-down menu select Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings then enter your installer code.
- Select Power Down.
- Wait for the panel LED to turn off.
- Disconnect A/C power from the outlet.
- To access and remove the battery (only after proper power-down procedures), unplug the 4-pin battery connector from the board.
- Pull the blue tab from under the battery downwards.
- Allow 2 minutes for the system to fully discharge and reset before reconnecting the battery.
- To restore the panel, replace the battery and secure it into place using the screw removed from the battery door. Align the panel over the backplate, and slide it down into place. Replace the screw removed to secure the panel to the backplate. Plug the transformer into the power outlet.
Have you recently experienced a power outage?
The battery which powers your panel during a power outage may need time to recharge fully before there is enough power for the cellular module to communicate. Please allow up to 24 hours for the trouble to pass.
Are there other issues with the power source?
Ensure your panel is powered by an outlet that is not connected to a GFI switch outlet and that it is securely connected to the outlet, and that the outlet is supplying power. You may test the power supply by plugging another device into the outlet.
Is there a potential for signal interference?
Large metal objects and appliances that generate radio frequency can interfere with signaling. Wall materials may also pose an issue. It is best if your system is located near an exterior wall, above ground (not in a basement), and not in the middle of a large structure (like an interior closet far from exterior walls.)
Could there be a failure connecting your panel to broadband?
Wi-Fi connectivity may fail with the carrier or locally at your router. To ensure your panel is connected to Wi-Fi, you can reference the below instructions for steps to get connected.
How to reconnect to Wi-Fi:
1. Swipe down from the time display for the drop down, then press Settings.
2. Press Advanced Settings, then enter your master code.
3. Press Wi-Fi, then check the right side box to enable.
4. Select Wi-Fi network, then enter Wi-Fi encryption, then press OK.
5. Wi-Fi displays Connected if successful, then press Back Arrow or Home to exit.
Additional Considerations if Power Cycle Did Not Resolve the Issue:
If you are certain the user name and password are correct, it is recommended that you try to reboot your router.
Could the issue be a temporary cellular outage in your area?
If there’s an interruption of cell service in your area, your system’s communication could be impacted. This website may help you identify an outage: Downdetector