Vista—Replace Backup Battery
Follow the instructions below to replace the backup battery in your system's panel. The Honeywell Vista panel requires a rechargeable (sealed lead-acid type) 12VDC, 4AH minimum battery pack rated for 24 hours, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store. You may also text a Support Representative at 469.513.8685 to order one.
- With your panel in a disarmed state, start by removing A/C power from the panel.
- Open the panel box (usually located in a in closet), and remove any screws that may be securing the cover.
- Disconnect the battery by removing the red wire then the black wire. Remove and replace the battery.
- Reconnect the 12-volt, 4–7 amp, battery ensuring the red wire is connected to the red terminal and the black wire is connected to the black terminal.
- Reconnect A/C power to the system.
Clear the Panel Alert
See instructions below for how to clear the error alert and stop alert beeping on your panel.
1. Enter your user code, then press 1 to silence the trouble beeps.
2. Enter your user code again, then press 1 to clear any current trouble displayed. The trouble will not reset until the core problem has been corrected.