Protect America Customers: Welcome to the Brinks Home™ Family
Welcome to the Brinks Home family.
We know change can be difficult, but we also know it doesn't have to be.
Here at Brinks Home™, we are defined and driven by our corporate pillars and strive to always provide the highest standards of customer service to the people we protect. With over 25 years of experience in all things "Security", it's no wonder we're one of the largest and most trusted home and commercial security companies in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
How did Brinks Home get my Protect America account?
- Protect America transferred your account to Brinks Home on July 9, 2020. They chose us because of our excellent reputation for customer service and support. We are happy to be your full-service provider and have over 25 years of experience with professional smart home security.
- Prior to July 9, please reach out to Protect America for questions about your account.
- Beginning with the August billing cycle, you will see “Brinks Home Security” on your credit card or bank statement.
How do I contact Brinks Home — can I use the same phone numbers?
Please use the following link and numbers to contact Brinks Home about your account:
- Register for an account in the Brinks Home Customer Portal, where you can easily manage all aspects of your account including billing, payments, contact information, insurance certificates, alarm permits and system tests
- Text: (469) 513-8685
- Call: (800) 447-9239
Will anything with my monitoring change?
- Your professional monitoring will continue uninterrupted, and your billing date will stay the same. If you experience an alarm event, our US-based Alarm Response Center will be there for you, 24/7/365.
Will my automatic payment information with Protect America transfer to Brinks Home?
- Starting in July, when your next bill is due, you will see a charge from “Brinks Home Security” appear on your bank or credit card statement instead of Protect America.
When should I start sending my payment to Brinks Home?
- After July 9, 2020, you can make payments online in the Customer Portal or set up automatic payments via AutoPay. You can find more information in this Help Center article.
Where can I get my Insurance Certificate?
- Many insurance companies provide discounts as high as 20% on homeowners insurance policies, just for having a monitored security system
- Learn How To Download A Copy Of Your Insurance Certificate
Moving? We have an amazing program for you.
- Whether you’re selling your home or settling in after you’ve already moved, it’s never too soon – or too late – to think about how you’ll protect your new home.
- Learn more about our Move Program.
Updating Account Information
How do I register on the Portal? How do I set up an online account with Brinks Home?
- From the Home Page, click “sign-in” in the top right-hand corner. Click “register now” and follow the account set up prompts– you will need your customer number and your code word. Your code word will remain the same as the one you set up with Protect America.
How do I update my Emergency Contacts?
How do I update my code word?
I am having issues with my Protect America app.
- You should still be able to access the app as usual throughout this transition. You will receive a prompt to update the app in the next several weeks. Please follow those instructions when you receive them. You can also register your account with our Customer Portal. We will be in touch with the next steps in the weeks to come.
How do I change the battery for my device?
My system is showing low system or panel battery, what should I do?
How do I test my system?
- Consistent testing of your alarm system is essential to ensure proper functionality. Brinks Home recommends testing your system monthly.
- Learn How To Perform Your Monthly Test
Why is my sensor failing and/or showing malfunction?
I need to schedule a technician visit, who should I contact?
How do I cancel/stop a false alarm?
- When your alarm goes off, if you are home, you can immediately disarm it through the panel. Some alarm events, like smoke detectors going off repeatedly, will still result in a call. You should answer this call, as it’s our Alarm Response Center calling to check on you. Provide your code word and ask them to cancel the alarm.
- The Brinks Home Mobile App also allows you to easily cancel a false alarm, or quickly verify an alarm at your property to expedite emergency response.
- Learn how to stop false alarms
- Learn how to adjust your video motion settings
- Call: 833.274.6571
I want to add equipment, how do I do that?
How do I get a Brinks Home yard sign?
- Request your free Brinks Home yard sign by texting 469.513.8685 or by logging in to your Customer Portal.
- All customers are eligible for one free yard sign per year.
- Follow these steps to order Yard signs and/or Decals for your home
Proper installation is key to ensure optimal performance. Check out these videos for step-by-step installation instructions, battery replacement guides, and more.
Learn The Basics
- Learn the basics for your Simon XT
- Interlogix Simon XT Battery Replacement
- Interlogix Simon XTi Battery Replacement
Install Your Devices
- How to Install Brinks Home Wireless Motion Sensors
- How to Install the Brinks Home Complete with Video System
- Video Monitoring From Anywhere
- Tour the Brinks Home Mobile App
- A Smart Thermostat that protects your home and your family
Smart Home Features (Voice Control & Video Analytics)
The Brinks Home App brings the convenience of voice control through these compatible devices:
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Home
- Siri Shortcuts
Become more observant of the activity that is happening in or around your property with video analytics.
Now that you're a subscriber to the Brinks Home Interactive services, you can use your smartphone to:
- Arm and disarm your system remotely
- View current activity on up to ten sensors
- Get notifications on system events, alerts, and pending alarms
Now that you have the app downloaded, check out some of our Brinks Home App favorites:
Did you remember to set the alarm before you put the kids in the car? Are you absolutely sure? Be 100% sure with arming reminder notifications. Click here to never miss an important notification ever again.
We don't recommend giving your master code to anyone, but we do recommend creating unique user codes for all trusted visitors (sitters, contractors, and housekeepers). It's easy, convenient, and secure.
Wouldn't it be nice to get a low battery alert before you got home? Set up smart notifications so that you're always in the know with your system. Smart notifications allow you to specify email, SMS, or both for alarms and system events.