Programming a GoControl Z-Wave Wall Dimmer Switch into a GC2 Panel
This brief instructional video demonstrates how to successfully program a GoControl Z-Wave smart wall dimmer switch into your GoControl GC2 panel:
Preparing the lamp for programming:
- Ensure the panel and the device are within 5 feet of each other. If needed, disconnect the panel from AC power and walk the panel over to the location of the device, running via backup battery.
- Navigate to the GC2 panel toolbox. Select the services button, then the Z-Wave button, then the wrench icon. Enter the installer code, which is usually 1561 by default.
- Note: Z-Wave devices, such as the GoControl Smart Plug-In Lamp Module, may need to have past programming removed before they can be added to a panel, even if they are new. For this, we need to run the removal process (I.e. exclusion).
- Select the remove devices button until the Remove Z-Wave Devices menu appears.
- Press the top or bottom of the paddle on the GoControl Z-Wave Wall Dimmer Switch two times.
The GC2 panel will display an on-screen notification "A device has been removed from another network," when completed successfully. Press the ok button then the back button to return to the main menu for programming.
Programming the lamp module:
- Press "add devices", and the Add Z-Wave Devices screen will appear.
- Press the top or bottom of the paddle on the GoControl Z-Wave wall dimmer wwitch one time.
The GC2 panel will display an on-screen notification "Device discovered, Querying device information...". Do not exit this screen until you see the details of the lamp module display. You may press the back button to return to the main menu.