How to Replace the Batteries in your QS1231-840 Motion Detector
Follow the steps below to replace the batteries in your Qolsys QS1231-840 Motion Detector.
You will also need to clear the error from the panel memory. Once the cover has been replaced, see instructions for IQ Panel 2 - System Sensor Status.
Qolsys QS1231-840 IQ Motion Detector
Press the bottom tab to remove the sensor from the backplate, then remove and replace the 2 AAA batteries.
Tip: You will need to bypass your sensors while changing the batteries. See the steps below for instructions:
1. Locate the sensor(s) with a low battery on either your system panel or in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
2. Bypass the sensor(s) on your panel IQ Panel 2 - Bypass & Force Bypass Sensors
3. Leaving the sensor backplate in place, open the cover by pressing the tab at the bottom of the sensor.
4. Remove the old batteries.
5. Make sure the area where the batteries are stored is clean and there is no corrosion.
6. Place 2 new AAA batteries into the sensor.
7. Put the cover back on starting with the opposite end from which it was opened. You should hear a snapping sound if it closes correctly.
8. Arm and Disarm the system to clear the bypassed sensor(s).
9. Check if the low battery status has cleared.