Troubleshooting the Kwikset Home Connect 620
Below are some common troubleshooting tips for the Kwikset 620 Smart Lock:
The Z-Wave Device is Not Functioning Consistently
If the device is not functioning correctly, follow the steps below for troubleshooting the Z-Wave device not enrolling, and if the issue persists, delete the Z-Wave device from your system and re-enroll it.
The Kwikset Home Connect 620 is Not Enrolling:
- Ensure the device is powered by a wall outlet or high-quality batteries with sufficient charge.
- The Kwikset 620's communication range is 25 feet. If the panel is too far away, an outlet-powered Z-Wave device can act as a bridge.
- Power cycle the system if the problem persists by removing power from the device and waiting 2 minutes before returning power. Then, try again to enroll the device.
- If all the above do not correct the issue, a factory reset may be required.
How to Factory Reset a Kwikset Home Connect 620:
- Remove the battery pack from the lock.
- Reinsert the battery pack while holding the Program button on the lock.
- Continue holding the Program button for 30 seconds until the lock beeps and the status LED begins to flash red.
- After a few seconds, the door will initiate the handing sequence to signal a successful reset.
- If the problem persists, verify that remote commands can be sent to other Z-Wave devices in the network.
Deleting a Kwikset Home Connect 620 from a Z-Wave Network:
- Place the Z-Wave controller into Delete Mode.
- Press the A button on the lock one time.
- Run a network rediscovery through the Brinks Home™ Mobile App. To do this log in to the app with your credentials, go to the equipment list, and select the Z-Wave Devices tab. Finally, in Troubleshooting, click Rediscover Network.
If you experience any trouble with these steps and would like to text a Digital Support consultant to assist you further, please text (469) 513-8685 7 days a week (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST).