Honeywell Lynx Plus L3000—Sensor Malfunction
Every hour, your alarm system sends a signal to all of your sensors to ensure functionality and proper reporting, which is called a "roll call". If a sensor fails to send a response signal, a failure signal will be sent to your control panel and you'll see an alert or Malfunction in the Total Connect App.
Common reasons a sensor will go into failure/malfunction are:
- The battery in the sensor is dead.
- The sensor is too far from the control panel. If the sensor exceeds 100 feet, then a malfunction may occur.
- There is something causing Radio Frequency (RF) interference near that sensor or near the control panel. Common wireless devices that cause interference include the following:
- Routers, telephones, gaming controllers, doorbells, large metallic objects such as refrigerators or large TVs, plaster walls with metal fiber, metal studs in the wall, or interior concrete walls.
- Change the sensor battery.
- Perform a sensor test to attempt another roll call. See panel instructions in the next section below.
- Survey the area for recent changes, such as new nearby electronics which may be causing interference.
- If the problem persists, you may need to replace the sensor as it is defective.
Note: if you change the battery, be sure to securely replace the cover. If the cover is not properly aligned and snug, it will create a tamper error. Additionally, check to make sure the arrows on the sensors are lined up and there is no more than ¼ inch between the two when mounting.
System Test Step-by-Step Instructions:
1. Enter your user code, then press 5. The Lynx Plus beeps and tests all display segments.
2. Activate all sensors by opening doors and windows and walking by motion detectors.
3. The Lynx Plus beeps and displays activated sensors.
4. When finished, enter your user code, then press the Off button to exit.