Google Home - Setup and How To Use
Don’t want to get up from the middle of a movie but you’re not sure if you locked the front door? Ask Alarm.com to lock the front door. A little hot or too cold, ask Alarm.com to set the living room to heat or AC mode. Whatever the scenario, the Alarm.com action adds convenience to monitoring and controlling your Brinks Home™ system.
Instructions for getting started
Already have Google Home and Alarm.com and raring to go? Skip to the next steps. Need to connect your Google Home and Alarm.com? Connect the two through Google Assistant. On your mobile device:
– Open the Google Assistant on your mobile device.
– Click the icon in the top right of the Google Assistant.
– Scroll down to Home Control and swipe until you find Alarm.com.
– Tap the Alarm.com card and scroll down to Link on the skill page.
– Tap Link and following the prompted directions.
You can also access Google Assistant through this link.
Once you have your Google Home and Alarm.com raring to go, follow these steps to get started:
– Enable the Alarm.com action by telling your Google Home: "Okay Google, talk to Alarm.com."
– Open the Google Home app. Enter your Alarm.com account login and password, the same one you use for the Brinks Home Mobile App, to sync your account. You'll have the option to create your PIN as part of the setup process.
Here are a few examples of other commands (start with “Ok Google, ask Alarm.com…”):
“…Arm stay my security system.”
“…Is my security system armed?”
“…Turn the living room light on.”
“…Set the living room light to 80 percent.”
“…Turn the living room light down.”
“…Turn off the lights.”
“…Set the kitchen thermostat to 72 degrees.”
“…Increase the temperature by 2 degrees.”
“…Set the kitchen to AC mode.”
Door Locks & Garage Doors
“…Lock the front door.”
“…Shut the garage door.”
“…Is the front door unlocked?”
“…Is the garage door open?”
Want to interact with multiple devices at once? Name the devices with a common location and make the request plural. For example:
“…Turn off the bedroom lights.”
“…Lock the front doors.”