Kwikset 888 Smart Door Lock Guide
- • Communication: Z-Wave
- • Outside temperature range: -40ºF to 150ºF
- • Keys: includes 2 keys
- • Battery requirements: 4 AA alkaline, 1 year estimated battery life
- • Simplify security system control through lock keypad
- • Directly control locks from security system to lock/unlock door while arming/disarming
- • Customize lighting scenes for convenience through lock keypad
- • Lock/unlock doors via smart phone or internet connection while away
- • Receive remote notification when door lock is accessed
- • Check lock status remotely to see if doors are locked
- • Motorized locking mechanism— enables true remote locking & unlocking
- • Full 128-Bit encryption security
- • One touch locking
- • No hard wiring needed
Installation steps for the Kwikset 910 shown in the video below can also be used for the Kwikset 888.
- Prepare the door and check dimensions.
- • Measure to confirm that the hole in the door is 2 and 1/8 inches.
- • Measure to confirm that the backset is either 2 and 3/8 inches or 2 and 3/4 inches.
- • Measure to confirm that the hole in the door edge is 1 inch.
- • Measure to confirm that the door is between 1 and 3/8 inches and 1 and 3/4 inches.
Note: If you are installing this lever below an existing lock or you plan to install a lock above this lever, make sure that the distance between holes is at least 6 and 1/2 inches.
- • IQ Panel 2 - Add Z-Wave Device
- • GC2 GoControl - Add Z-Wave Device
- • Simon XT - Add Z-Wave Device
- • Simon XTi - Add Z-Wave Device
For additional information relating to your device, click the following link to view the original manufacturer's user guide or installation manual: Kwikset 888 Door Lock Manual