Honeywell 5816 Door/Window Sensor Guide
- • Transmitter frequency: 345 MHz
- • RF range: up to 100 ft. from panel
- • Model: two zone transmitter with both built-in magnetic reed switches
- • Battery requirements: 1 CR123A 3-volt lithium battery
1. Mount the sensor on the door frame and the magnet on the door. If the sensor is used on double doors mount the sensor on the least frequently used door and the magnet on the most frequently used door.
2. If possible, locate sensors within 100 ft. (30 m) of the panel. While a transmitter may have a range of 350 ft. (106 m) or more out in the open, the environment can have a significant effect on the range.
3. Line up the arrow on the magnet to the alignment mark on the sensor and mount no more than 1/4" apart from each other.
4. The sensor is now ready to be added to your panel. Follow the link for instructions: How to Program the Honeywell 5816 to the GC2 Panel.
For additional information relating to your device, click the following link to view the original manufacturer's user guide or installation manual: 5816 Door/Window Sensor Manual