How to Program the Honeywell 5816 to the GC2 Panel
This brief instructional video demonstrates how to successfully program a door/window sensor to the 2GIG GC2 panel.
- To program a door/window contact into a security zone, you will first need to access the Installer Toolbox. Press the logo on your panel screen, and input the default installer code 1561 or 1171.
- From the installer toolbox, press System Configuration. You will see Q1: Select RF sensor # (01 to 48, 63-74) in the banner at the top of the screen. Use the right arrow or type in your desired zone number for this sensor.
- Press the down arrow, then press the right arrow to select the type of sensor you are programming.
- Note: When you arm your panel, (01) sets an entry/exit delay of 30 seconds, and (02) sets an entry/exit delay of 45 seconds. (01) and (02) should be used for doors. (03) Perimeter should be used if the sensor is set to a window.
- Note: If you choose to add wirelessly without entering the serial number, ensure the battery pull tab is removed and that the sensor is in a closed state. Press shift on the panel, then press learn. Open the sensor by opening your door or window, then return it to a closed state. Your panel will display your sensor's information if it was recognized. You can press ok to continue.
- • Use (1) for converting a hardwired door sensor into wireless. This will require connecting one end of the wire lead into the transmitter and the other end into a Normally Closed (NC) device.
- • Use (2) for a normal wireless sensor and magnet pairing.