Kwikset Obsidian—Battery Replacement
When it is time to replace the battery in your smart door lock, you will see an alert on your system panel, as well as a notification in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
The Kwikset Obsidian keyless smart door lock requires 4 AA batteries, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store. You may also order these online here or at your preferred online retailer.
Backup Power Instructions:
If the 4 AA batteries are too low to operate the lock, use a 9-Volt Alkaline battery to temporarily power the touchscreen.
- Make sure both terminals on the 9-Volt battery touch the terminals at the bottom of the touchscreen.
- Hold the 9-Volt in place while entering your user code to unlock the door.
- Continue holding the 9-Volt in position until the checkmark symbol illuminates and the door unlocks.
Note: If you remove the battery before the checkmark symbol illuminates, you will need to re-enter your user code.
Battery Replacement Instructions:
- Remove the casing which covers the battery pack by removing the screw from either side of the lock.
- Remove the battery pack from the top of the lock.
- Remove and replace 4 AA batteries.
- Return the battery pack to the lock.
- Return the casing which covers the battery pack by aligning over the device and replacing the screw removed in step 1.