Where to Use a Door/Window Sensor
The Brinks Home Encrypted Door/Window Sensor is an ultra-compact sensor that securely connects to a Brinks Home system and has a single function: to detect the opening and closing of doors, windows, cabinets and drawers. These simple devices are the most essential component of your smart security system. The more contact sensors you have, the smarter and more versatile your system will be.
These sensors can go beyond just doors and windows. They can also be used on drawers, safes, garage doors, cabinets, and so much more.
5 different places to use a sensor:
- Front door. With so much activity happening around your front door, a contact sensor is essential for early awareness of activity that could mean danger.
- Door to the garage. With cars, tools and forbidden equipment, your garage is a magnet to your curious kids. A contact sensor on this internal door gives you immediate awareness if they're exploring it. You can set this notification to "weekdays only" so you won't get alerts when you open the door yourself on weekends.
- Downstairs windows. Did you know that one third of all burglaries are enabled by an unsecured window or door? With a contact sensor on each window, you can verify that they're all secure before leaving home or going to bed.
- Children's windows. Your kids know better than to open their bedroom windows without permission. Does that mean that they won't? A contact sensor on every bedroom window, ready to trigger an immediate notification, is a smart safety essential for when kids' curiosity gets the better of them.
- Medicine cabinet or pillbox. If you have an elderly loved one living with you, a contact sensor added to their medicine cabinet is a non-intrusive way to ensure they're taking their medications, without having to ask.
To order a door/window sensor, text a Support Representative at 469.513.8685, 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm CT.