Skybell Troubleshooting Tips
To troubleshoot issues with your Doorbell Camera, please reference the information below. Please note this is for the Skybell Slim Line II Doorbell Camera ADC-VDB105X/ADC-VDB106X.
If the SkyBell Doorbell Camera's light is stuck on solid yellow:
- Remove the Doorbell Camera from the wall mount and disconnect it from power.
- Wait about 60 seconds after the LED lights go out on the Doorbell Camera, and then reconnect the Doorbell Camera to power.
- Allow another minute for the Doorbell Camera to power up, and then verify if the LED color has changed.
A flashing orange light indicates the Doorbell Camera does not have a network connection. This is often caused by incorrect wireless information or poor wireless range.
- Reboot the Doorbell Camera.
- Allow a few minutes for the Doorbell Camera to power back on to re-establish its connection to the Wi-Fi network.
Flashing Blue or Green
We recommend performing a soft reset to reconnect to your previous configurations.
- Press and hold the Skybell button for about 45 seconds.
- The light will flash green rapidly, then flash alternating red/green, then flash blue rapidly.
- Once the Doorbell Camera starts flashing blue, release the button. This will allow the Doorbell Camera to reboot, which usually takes about 1 minute to complete.
- The Doorbell Camera will automatically reconnect to your Wi-Fi network and settle into the normal operating mode, displaying the solid green (or chosen) color.
A flashing red light indicates your Doorbell Camera is not receiving sufficient power. Please verify the transformer is plugged into a working outlet. If the transformer is plugged in, but the light is still flashing red, please ensure the breaker is in the correct position.
LED Light is Off
The absence of a light indicates your Doorbell Camera is both not receiving sufficient power and any battery power has been exhausted. Please verify the transformer is plugged into a working outlet. If the transformer is plugged in, but the light is still flashing red, please ensure the breaker is in the correct position.
A flashing yellow light indicates your Doorbell Camera is performing a factory reset. This means your device is erasing all user settings and information. We recommend speaking with a member of our Digital Support team to re-add your Doorbell Camera back to your account. You can reach our Digital Support team via text at 469.513.8685.
Flashing Red & Green
An alternating red and green flashing light means the Doorbell Camera is in Wi-Fi synchronization ready mode. If the Doorbell Camera was accidentally placed into sync mode, the operation will automatically cancel after 15 minutes, and the Doorbell Camera will reconnect to your Wi-Fi network if it was previously configured.
Flashing Red & Blue
An alternating red and blue flashing light indicates your Doorbell Camera is charging, which should take 10 - 30 minutes. No further troubleshooting is required.
Flashing Blue & Yellow
An alternating blue and yellow flashing light indicates a firmware update is taking place, which may take 3 minutes to complete. No further troubleshooting is required.
Known routers that require settings adjustments for the Skybell Doorbell Camera
The Skybell Doorbell Camera is compatible with most home routers and business networks. If the Doorbell Camera is experiencing unexpected behavior, primarily the user is unable to view live stream, see the below router list and recommended settings adjustments.
• F9K1001 - Turn UDP Flood Protection off
• F7D5301 - Turn the firewall off
• F7D6301 - Turn UDP Flood Protection off
• F7D2301 - Turn UDP Flood Protection off
• F9K1002V4 - Turn the firewall off
• F9K1002V2 - Turn the firewall off