Honeywell 5800COMBO Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detector Guide
- • Detection: smoke, heat, freeze and carbon monoxide detector with an 85 dB internal siren
- • Sensor life: 10 year carbon monoxide, date sticker is on bottom of sensor
- • Heat sensitivity: 135°F heat detection
- • Freeze sensitivity: 41°F freeze detection
- • Transmitter frequency: 345 MHz
- • RF range: up to 100 ft. from panel
- • Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F
- • Battery requirements: 4 CR123A 3-volt lithium batteries
- • Carbon monoxide detectors should not be mounted on the ceiling. Carbon monoxide is heavier than air and sits down closer to floor level.
- • Position at least 6 inches from the ceiling but not lower than a light switch.
- • Place within 10 feet of a sleeping area, such as inside of a bedroom if it contains a fuel burning appliance.
- • Place on every floor of the building, ideally in any room that contains a fuel burning appliance.
- • If the appliance or the room is not normally used, such as the boiler room, the detector should be placed just outside the room so the alarm can be heard more easily.
After you program the Honeywell 5800COMBO smoke/heat/freeze/carbon monoxide detector to your panel and before mounting permanently, conduct a test to verify adequate signal strength. Adjust the device location as necessary.
- 1. Using two supplied screws and anchors, mount the base.
- 2. Attach the smoke detector to the mounting base with a clockwise motion.
- 3. The sensor is now ready to be added to your panel. Follow the link for instructions: How to Program the Honeywell 5800COMBO to the GC2 Panel.