IQ Panel 4—Tamper Error
A tamper error occurs when the panel is reading that the cover is not attached properly. To address the tamper error on your IQ Panel 4, follow the instructions below.
Power Down the Device for Safety:
1. Swipe down from the time display to open the drop-down, then press Settings.
2. Press Advanced Settings, then enter your master code.
3. Press Power Down, then Ok to confirm. The IQ Panel 4 will power down.
Open the Panel:
- Remove the panel from the wall or base, then remove the bottom screw to open the back cover.
Prepare the Panel to Close:
- Ensure the battery, battery wires, and antenna are secured into their appropriate compartments and not hindering a snug fit. There is also space for an optional screw which may need to be removed first.
Close the Panel:
- Replace the back cover, and return the panel to the wall or base, replacing the screw which secures it in place.
- Hold the power button on the right side of the panel for 3 seconds to power on the panel.
- Acknowledge prior tamper notifications to clear the alert.
- There will be an audible alert every 30 minutes while the system is not properly closed. This alert can be disabled if unsuccessful in replacing the cover fully, but this will also prevent an alert if the cover is ever reopened.
- To disable this alert on the panel, open the settings from the top drop-down menu, then select Advanced Settings. Input the default installer code 1111, select Installation, then Security & Arming, and uncheck the box next to panel tamper.
Clear the Panel Alert:
See instructions below for how to clear the error alert and stop alert beeping on your panel.
1. Press the message icon at top right of the panel, then press Messages, Alerts, and Alarms. Either select the trouble to acknolwedge or press Acknowledge All.
2. Press Ok to acknowledge, then swipe left or right to exit. This action will silence the beeping for 4 hours, but the issue must be resolved in order for beeping to completely end, and clear alerts for issues that have been resolved.
Tips to resolve the tamper error:
- • Ensure batteries fit within their intended compartment
- • Ensure the cover is replaced snugly into its designed casing
- • Ensure any fasteners, such as screws or tabs, are tightened or securely locked into place
- • Additional action may be required at the panel to fully clear the error