IQ4 Hub—Battery Replacement
Follow the instructions below to replace the backup battery in your system's panel. The IQ4 Hub panel requires an Icon Energy Systems (Shenzhen) Co Ltd, Model IAN034NA or Ningbo Veken Battery Co. Ltd., Model VT27. To order a replacement battery, you can text a Support Representative any time at 469.513.8685.
- Swipe down from the time display to open the Settings drop-down, then press Settings.
- Press Advanced Settings, then enter the default installer code 1111 or 2222.
- Press Power Down, then OK to confirm. The IQ4 Hub will power down.
- To access and remove the battery (only after proper power-down procedures), use a small Phillips-head screwdriver. Remove the locking screw from the back of the panel, and remove the SmartMount backplate or alternately remove the panel from the wall.
- With the panel removed and back exposed, unplug the 4-pin battery connector from the board and pull up on the edge of the battery with your finger to release it from the battery compartment or "plastic hold down".
- Replace the battery with Icon Energy Systems (Shenzhen) Co Ltd, Model IAN034NA or Ningbo Veken Battery Co. Ltd., Model VT27 only.
- To restore the panel, replace the battery and secure it into place. Align the panel over the backplate, and slide it down into place. Replace the screw removed to secure the panel to the backplate. Plug the transformer into the power outlet.
Caution: do not use a screwdriver or anything sharp that could puncture the battery. Do not pull on the battery cable to try and remove the battery.
The battery can take up to 24 hours to fully charge and the low battery warning may be present until charging is complete. To charge the battery, simply ensure the A/C power is connected to a working outlet while your battery is connected in the panel.
Clear the Panel Alert
See instructions below for how to clear the error alert and stop alert beeping on your panel.
1. Press the message icon at top right of the panel, then press Messages, Alerts, and Alarms. Either select the trouble to acknowledge or press Acknowledge All.
2. Press Ok to acknowledge, then swipe left or right to exit.