IQ4 Hub—Sensor Malfunction
Every hour, your alarm system sends a signal to all of your sensors to ensure functionality and proper reporting, which is called a "roll call". If a sensor fails to send a response signal, a failure signal will be sent to your control panel and you'll see an alert or Malfunction in the Brinks Home™ App.
Common reasons a sensor will go into failure/malfunction are:
- The battery in the sensor is dead.
- The sensor is too far from the control panel. If the sensor exceeds 100 feet, then a malfunction may occur.
- There is something causing Radio Frequency (RF) interference near that sensor or near the control panel. Common wireless devices that cause interference include the following:
- Routers, telephones, gaming controllers, doorbells, large metallic objects such as refrigerators or large TVs, plaster walls with metal fiber, metal studs in the wall, or interior concrete walls.
- Change the sensor battery.
- Note: If you change the battery, be sure to securely replace the cover. If the cover is not properly aligned and snug, it will create a tamper error. Additionally, check to make sure the arrows on the sensors are lined up and there is no more than ¼ inch between the two when mounting.
- Perform a sensor test to attempt another roll call. See IQ4 Hub Panel instructions in the next section.
- Survey the area for recent changes, such as new nearby electronics which may be causing interference.
- If the problem persists, you may need to replace the sensor as it is defective.
Sensor Test Step-by-Step Instructions:
1. Press clock display or swipe down for the settings menu, then press Settings.
2. Press Advanced Settings, then enter the master code.
3. Press System Test, then Sensor Test.
4. Activate all door and window sensors, walk past motion detectors.
5. IQ Panel 4 beeps and displays sensor signal strength, press Back or Home to exit.