When it is time to replace the battery in your door/window sensor, you will see an alert on your system panel, as well as a notification in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
The DSC PG9303 door/window sensor requires a 3-volt lithium CR2450 Panasonic battery, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store.
You may also order these online here or at your preferred online retailer.
1. Locate the sensor with a low battery on either your system panel or in the Brinks Home Mobile App.
2. Bypass the sensor on your panel following these instructions: IQ Panel 2 - Bypass & Force Bypass Sensors.
3. Open the cover by inserting a coin into the slot, then twist to remove. If a coin is not available, insert a 4mm flat screwdriver into each slot of the plastic cover, then twist to open each side.
4. Remove and replace the 3-volt lithium CR2450 Panasonic battery.
5. Make sure the area where the batteries are stored is clean and there is no corrosion.
6. Place the cover back on starting with the opposite end from which it was opened. You should hear a snapping sound if it closes correctly.
7. Arm and disarm the system to clear the bypassed sensor.
8. Check if the low battery status has cleared or follow the link below for further instructions on clearing the error from the panel memory: IQ Panel 2 System Sensor Status.