When it is time to replace the battery in your door/window sensor, you will see an alert on your system panel, as well as a notification in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
The QS1135-840 door/window sensor requires 2 CR2032 batteries, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store.
You may also order these online here or at your preferred online retailer.
1. Locate the sensor with a low battery on either your system panel or in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
2. Bypass the sensor on your panel following these instructions: IQ Panel 2 - Bypass & Force Bypass Sensors.
3. Leaving the sensor on the door/window, open the cover by inserting a screwdriver in the slot at the top of the sensor.
4. Remove the old batteries.
5. Make sure the area where the batteries are stored is clean and there is no corrosion.
6. Place 2 new CR2032 batteries into the sensor, ensuring the writing is facing up.
7. Put the cover back on starting with the opposite end from which it was opened. You should hear a snapping sound if it closes correctly.
8. Arm and disarm the system to clear the bypassed sensor.
9. Check if the low battery status has cleared or go to the following link for further instructions on clearing the error from the panel memory: IQ Panel 2 - System Sensor Status.