Simon XTi Panel Guide
- • Backup batteries: 6VDC, 2100mAh, NIMH (600-XTI-BAT)
- • Backup time: 24 hours (fully charged)
- • Touchscreen: 5” diagonal touchscreen; 480x272 resolution
- • Total input: zones 80 wireless, or 78 wireless and 2 wired
- • Operating temperature: 32°F-122°F (0°C-49°C)
- • Simple, no button interface—all interaction occurs via a 5-inch color LCD
- • Selectable user interface (UI) which matches corresponding Brinks Home™ Mobile App
- • At-a-glance status of home and property
- • Actionable status icons
- – Identify door/window open
- – Last motion detected
- – “My property” icon status; covers all non-window, non-interior motion changes
- • Menu-based system programming and test
- • 80 wireless zones—two can be hardwired (normally-closed loop only)
- • Built-in PSTN 2-way voice capability (over cellular with optional module)
- • Supports both crystal and SAW LearnMode sensors, repeaters
- • Supports 2-way RF products (version-specific)
- • Chime feature for monitoring door, window or motion activity
- • 1 master access code and 8 programmable user access codes of 3 to 6 digits
- • SIA or CID central station reporting formats and Voice Event Notification reporting via PSTN (native) and/or optional Cellular and IP modules
- • Program panel with built-in touch screen or Enterprise Downloader software v6.0 or later
- • Expansion options
- – Internet-based interactivity (with third-party providers)
- – Support for on-premises remote control with optional talking touchpad or touch screen accessories
- – Compatible with the Interlogix Image Sensor V3 providing on-screen image display
Arm Away: Arm Away is used when you plan on arming the system and leaving the home.
1. Press the lock icon, then press Arm All.
2. A countdown timer appears while arming.
Arm Stay: Arm Stay is used when you plan on arming the system and staying home.
1. Press the lock icon, then press Arm Doors & Windows Only (Stay).
2. A countdown timer appears while arming.
Arm Stay Instant: Arm Stay Instant arms all perimeter sensors without entry delay and bypasses interior motion detectors.
- Press Arm (the lock icon), press Off next to Entry Delay, then press Doors & Windows Only (Stay).
Disarm System: This will disarm your system, and it will silence and reset any active alarm.
Press the Lock icon, then enter your disarm* code (access/master/user code). The lock icon will only be available if you are in armed stay mode.
Check Your System Status: Checking your system's status will display which sensors are currently open or if any of your sensors are experiencing a trouble condition, such as a low battery.
1. Enter your disarm* code (access/master/user code).
2. Press the gear icon on the bottom right, then press Hear button by Panel Status to hear any alarm conditions.
3. To clear any alerts, press Clear, then press Close to exit.
Check Cellular Signal Strength: determine the quality and reliability of your system's cellular communicator.
1. Press the settings gear, then press the down arrow several times.
2. Press Enter by Programming, enter the default installer code 4321, then press Ok.
3. Press Interactive Services, then press Module Status.
4. Signal strength should be 2 bars minimum, then press Close several times to exit.
Communication Test: ensure your system has a stable connection to Brinks Home by sending a test signal.
- Press Settings (the bottom right gear icon), then press the down arrow until you get to System Tests.
- Press Enter next to System Tests, enter your master code, then press Ok.
- Press Comm Test to begin the phone line or cellular test.
- If successful, press the Close button twice to exit.
Check Sensor Status: review a list of sensors connected to your system to ensure all are communicating and trouble-free.
- Press Settings, the gear icon on the bottom right of your panel screen, then press the down arrrow until you arrive at System Tests.
- Press Enter beside System Tests, enter your master code, then press OK.
- Press Sensor Test, then activate all sensors.
- • Open and close door or window sensors
- • Press any button on your keyfobs
- • Walk in front of motion detectors, or trigger manually by removing the cover
- • Hold the test button on your smoke or heat detectors
- • Hold the test button on your carbon monoxide detector
Motion Detected Indicator: understand what the exclamation point over the motion detector icon indicates.
- When movement is detected an exclamation point appears next to motion detector icon.
- The symbol will display for up to ten minutes after the motion detector has sensed movement.
Disable Trouble Beeps: when your system experiences trouble, such as a low battery, it will beep to alert. To disable this audible beep, follow these steps.
- Press the settings gear, then press the down arrow several times.
- Press Enter by Programming, enter the default installer code 4321, then press Ok.
- Press Siren Options, uncheck Trouble Beeps, then press Close to exit.
- Press Close again to exit programming.
Force Bypassing: while arming your system, if a perimeter sensor is in an open or not ready status, this will allow your system to ignore that sensor.
- Open doors or windows you wish to bypass, then press Arm (the lock icon).
- Press Arm All. The panel will beep your opened sensors will display.
- Press Bypass. This will bypass all open sensors.
Direct Bypassing: this is an alternate way of selecting sensors to bypass directly through your panel without opening them first.
- Press Setting (the gear on the bottom right), then press Select next to Direct Bypass.
- Press Not Bypassed by the sensor you want to bypass. This will change the button to say Bypassed. When done selecting sensors to bypass, press Close.
- Press Close again to exit.
- Press Arm (the lock icon), then press either Arm All or Doors & Windows Only (Stay).
Voice Chime Setup: enable or disable the panel's integrated chime or voice that alerts when a sensor is open.
1. Press the settings gear, then press the down arrow several times until you get to Programming.
2. Press Enter by Programming, enter the default installer code 4321, then press OK.
3. Press Siren Options then press Voice Chime.
4. Select your preferred sound, press Save to exit, then press Close to exit siren options.
5. Press Close again to exit programming.
Enable or Disable Chime: turn on or off your chime quickly with this settings menu option.
- Press Settings (the bottom right gear icon), then press On or Off next to Chime.
- Press Close button to exit.
How to Power Cycle the Panel
- Insert a coin into the bottom right corner slot, then twist to remove the front faceplate.
- Pry the top two tabs up, then fold down front cover.
- Unplug and remove the battery pack.
- Disconnect the AC transformer, then wait approximately 2 minutes.
- Plug the battery back in, then plug in AC power transformer.
For additional information relating to your device, click the following link to view the original manufacturer's user guide or installation manual: Simon XTi User Manual