Simon XTi - Hardwire Siren Installation
Follow the instructions below for connecting hardwired sirens to the Simon XTi.
1. Connect the black and red wires to the Simon XTi terminals.
2. Remove the screw on top of the panel, push the 2 white tabs on top of panel, then pull the panel toward you to open it.
3. Terminals are located on bottom left-hand corner of the panel. Connect to the terminals described below:
- • Black wire: connect to HW1 I/0
- • Red wire: connect to HW1&2 DC Output
4. To connect 4.7K resistor and wires together, follow the instructions below:
- A. Twist the black wires together and the red wires together.
- B. Place B-Connector on end of twisted wires and have resistor inserted in B-Connectors.
- C. Squeeze B-Connectors with pliers to crimp wires and resistor in place.
- D. This is what it looks like when completed.
5. Change one siren option in the Simon XTi programming as follows:
- A. Press the settings gear icon, then press the down arrow several times.
- B. Press Enter by Programming, enter the default installer code 4321 then press Ok.
- C. Press Siren Options, check the box for HW Siren Supervision, then press Close.
- D. Press System Options then press HW 1 Function.
E. Press Exterior Siren, press Save, then press Close several times to exit programming.
The Simon XTi allows 2 low current hard wired siren. These can be wired parallel to each other
Note: the alarm control panel will support a maximum of 250 mA.