Simon XTi - Remote Touchscreen Trouble
"My Touchscreen is not recognizing that windows/doors/motions are being activated, even when the panel says they are".
This type of error is something that we see fairly often. It is generally caused by a communications issue between the panel and the touchscreen. Fortunately, this type of error is generally fixed easily.
The first thing to do is perform a "push" of the communications between the panel and the touchscreens ("Push" is just tech lingo for a communications reset). To do this follow these steps on the main control panel:
1. Press the settings gear, then press the down arrow several times.
2. Press Enter by Programming, enter the default installer code 4321, then press Ok.
3. Press Sensors, then press Edit Sensor.
4. Scroll to Touchscreen, press Edit, then press Close to exit.
5. After Please Wait, Processing Request displays and clears, press Close several times to exit.