How to Avoid False Recordings
Are you burning through recording time with clips of squirrels and falling leaves? Follow the steps below to change your video settings to avoid false recordings.
1. Log in to the Brinks Home App here.
2. Click Video, then Settings, and lastly Video Motion Detection.
3. Use your cursor to draw a box identifying where you want the camera to focus. This is called a video motion detection (VMD) window. These windows should be small thin boxes that do not overlap, and placed in high-traffic areas that you want monitored.
4. Select the VMD window you'd like to edit and adjust the sensitivity setting. A high sensitivity will allow more motion to be detected by the camera and more clips to be captured.
5. Adjust the percentage in the Target Size dropdown. This represents the percentage of the VMD window that must detect motion in order for a clip to be recorded. Setting a small target size percentage will allow smaller items to trigger recordings and will result in more clips.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
7. Repeat these same steps for additional VMD windows.