Event-Triggered Automation Rules
With a Smart Lock, you have the ability to create event-triggered lock automation rules, allowing you to automatically lock or unlock door locks based on the status of your security system or additional locks.
Create an Event-Triggered Lock Automation Rule
- Log in to your Brinks Home™ App.
- Click Automation.
- Click Add New Rule, then New Rule Builder.
- Click When to select what kind of event will trigger your rule.
- Select Contact Sensor to designate any linked sensor to activate your rule. Select Security Panel to activate a rule upon either arming or disarming your system. Press Next to proceed.
- Click Then to select what happens when the event is triggered. Here is where you are able to select door locks connected to your system and whether they will lock or unlock based on your rule.
- It is recommended that you set a name for your rule, and if you want to limit the times that the rule can run, click on where it says Run at All Times, then press Save.