IQ Panel—Tamper Error
Please follow the steps below to address the Qolsys IQ panel cover tamper alert:
- Remove the screw on top of the panel.
- Pull the panel from the backplate and take note of the tamper switch placement.
- Return the panel onto the backplate, and verify the tamper spring is pressed down.
- Verify that the trouble alert is cleared and replace the screw on top to secure it into place.
Clear the Panel Alert
See instructions below for how to clear the error alert and stop alert beeping on your panel.
1. Troubles appear as a red numbered circle over the status icon. Press Status, then press Alerts to view.
2. Press Acknowledge, then press Yes at the confirmation pop-up. Press the back icon or the home button to exit.
Tips to resolve the cover tamper issue:
- Ensure batteries fit within their intended compartment
- Ensure the cover is replaced snugly into its designed casing
- Ensure any fasteners, such as screws or tabs, are tightened or securely locked into place
- Additional action may be required at the panel to fully clear the error