How to Program a Sensor to the Simon XT Panel
Follow the steps below to connect a sensor to the Simon XT panel.
1. Start with your system in a disarmed state. Press the up or down arrows until you get to System Programming, then press Ok.
2. Enter the default installer code 4321, then press Ok to enter the system programming menu, which first displays Access Codes.
3. Press the up or down arrows until you get to Sensors, then press Ok. The system will display Learn Sensor.
4. Press Ok again to place the Simon XT into sensor learn mode. The system will now prompt you to trip the sensor you want to learn.
5. Remove sensor cover or press button to learn. The Simon XT will beep and display Sn 1 Grp 10 Front Door by default.
6. Grp flashes. Enter 10 for delay, such as for a front door which is delayed after arming, or 13 for instant arming, then press Ok.
7. Sensor name flashes, press up or down arrows to scroll through names, then press Ok to select.
8. Press up or down to scroll the next word, then press Ok, entering up to 16 words.
9. Press Ok to save.
10. Press Status several times to exit.
If you need further assistance, you can text a Support Representative at 469.513.8685, 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm CT.