Kwikset 620 Smart Door Lock Guide
- • ANSI/BHMA: grade 2 certified
- • Adjustable backset: 2-3/8" to 2-3/4" to fit all standard door preparations
- • Deadbolt latch: round corner faceplate
- • Deadbolt: round strike
- • Deadbolt throw: 1 inch
- • Battery requirements: 4 AA batteries, included
- • Expanding your security system solution with Home Connect technology, your keyless entry lock will now communicate wirelessly to security and home automation systems via Z-Wave
- • SmartKey Security™ protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds
- • 2 keys included with purchase
- • Locking mechanism functions with turn piece on the interior of the lock
- • Keypad stays lit for 30 seconds after inactivity
- • Multiple pre-defined auto-locking settings available
- • Easily installs in minutes with just a screwdriver
1. Prepare the door and check the dimensions. This device is not compatible with doors configured to accept rim locks, mortise locks, or integrated interior locks.
- a. The hole in the door must be 2-1/8" (54mm) or 1-1/2" (38mm).
- b. The backset (space from the edge of the door to the center of the hole) must be 2-3/8" (60mm) or 2-3/4" (70mm).
- c. The hole for the deadbolt in the edge of the door must be 1" (25mm).
- d. The door must be between 1-3/8" (35mm) to 2" (51mm) thick.
2. Install the latch and strike. To extend the latch bolt, you may use a Phillips head screwdriver, turning the latch clockwise as shown:
3. Install the exterior keypad, ensuring the cable runs underneath the latch.
4. Install the interior assembly, ensuring a tight cable connection.
5. Install 4 AA batteries in the battery pack.
6. Add the lock to your smart home system. The following links provide detailed instructions on adding a Z-Wave device to some of our most common panels:
- IQ Panel 2 - Add Z-Wave Device – Help Center (brinkshome.com)
- GC2 GoControl - Add Z-Wave Device – Help Center (brinkshome.com)
- Simon XT - Add Z-Wave Device – Help Center (brinkshome.com)
- Simon XTi - Add Z-Wave Device – Help Center (brinkshome.com)
7. Add user codes, preferably done through your panel.
8. Test the lock and check door alignment.
9. Install the interior cover.