When it is time to replace the battery in your motion detector, you will see an alert on your system panel, as well as a notification in the Brinks Home™ Mobile App.
The Qolsys QS1231-840 motion detector requires 2 AAA batteries, which can be purchased at your local hardware, mass retailer, or battery store.
You may also order these online here or at your preferred online retailer.
1. Locate the sensor with a low battery on either your system panel or in the Brinks Home Mobile App.
2. Bypass the sensor on your panel following these instructions: IQ Panel 2 - Bypass & Force Bypass Sensors.
3. Leaving the sensor backplate in place, open the cover by pressing the tab at the bottom of the sensor.
4. Remove the old batteries.
5. Make sure the area where the batteries are stored is clean and there is no corrosion.
6. Place 2 new AAA batteries into the sensor.
7. Put the cover back on starting with the opposite end from which it was opened. You should hear a snapping sound if it closes correctly.
8. Arm and disarm the system to clear the bypassed sensor.
9. Check if the low battery status has cleared or follow the link below for further instructions on clearing the error from the panel memory: IQ Panel 2 System Sensor Status.